Sons Of Seasons Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the official Forum of Sons Of Seasons

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSons of Seasons official website

Books' topic

Go down 
+11
Dragon Goddess
Erik Schepers
Nymeria
chrissie
mei`
Waënelin
Aliafne
_RoyKhan_
WelcomeToIdiotica
french metallian
jesslacrymosa
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

How many book do you read in a year?:P
1. I don't read books
Books' topic - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Books' topic - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
2. 1-5
Books' topic - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Books' topic - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 4 ]
3. 5-10
Books' topic - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Books' topic - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 4 ]
4. 10-20
Books' topic - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Books' topic - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
5. 20-30
Books' topic - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Books' topic - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
6. more than 30
Books' topic - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%Books' topic - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 31% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Aliafne
Lord of Seasons
Aliafne

Books' topic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books' topic   Books' topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 1:30 pm

Admin wrote:
I find it really difficult to find books from the fantasy or horror genre which are good in style and story. Anne Rice is great, but - forgive me, ladies - she has such a distinct female touch that I sometimes are not patient enough to continue. With that I mean that she's all about the characters, dialogues and the relations between them that she sometimes forgets to deliver a good, flowing story. Correct me, if I am wrong.

Stephen King was good but he lost a bit his teeth. The one about mobile phones and zombies was awful ("Cell")! Funny thing is, he is mostly good until the end where he reveals the monster, the big encounter. Then it often becomes weak ("It", "The Stand" or "Needful Things"). His best novels are without the supernatural.

I often read Lovecraft before falling asleep. Helps dreaming weird!

Aliafne, which Hungarians do you read?

Anne Rice is good! rabbit Or rather I enjoyed reading couple of the Vampire Chrinicle books and some of the Memnoch books. Those ones I read, I really enjoyed, but I really like your point, couse I have to admit there were some of the books which were really boring (like the book Pandora was a really good characterisation abou the vampire Pandore, but nothing happened Suspect ....I dont even remember that book in details I just now that I have somehow managed to finish it lol )

I so dont like when horrors are spoiled with supernatural or too much blood! No

What Hungarians do I read? scratch Well I was in literature class so quiet a lot Hungarians... I dont like Jókai, the big classic lol, but I was reading a lot of youth books like Gárdonyi and Fekete István and Karinthy Frigyes, Szerb Antal, Kosztolányi Dezső, Örkény... and some contemporary writers (Bartis, Háy).... But my alltime favourites are poets love2 All big classical names from the18th century on (Arany, Ady, József Attila, Babits, Kölcsey, Radnóti...) ah I could continue the list for ages lol Dou you have any favourites from the Hungarians?
Back to top Go down
french metallian
Conqueror of Seasons
french metallian

PostSubject: Re: Books' topic   Books' topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 4:11 pm

I read most of the Lovecraft books. this guy is a genius who can make you frightened without ANY description of the monster.
Currently i'm reading "le Souffle des Dieux" (the breath of Gods) form Bernard Weber. the topic is simple "If you were god what would you do ?". indeed it's a story of a school of God (how to create a planet, how to create life, civilization, etc...). it's very interesting.
My next book will be Dracula from Bramstoker and later the Shogun saga (an english sailor arrived in japan during XV th century and became a friend of the emperor)
Back to top Go down
WelcomeToIdiotica
Lord of Seasons
WelcomeToIdiotica

PostSubject: Re: Books' topic   Books' topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 11:34 pm

I'm currently reading 'The Eagle's Conquest' by Simon Scarrow, which is about the Romans invading Britain. Not got into it just yet but I need to read a bit more of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/welcometoidiotica
kitikri
Son of Seasons
kitikri

PostSubject: Re: Books' topic   Books' topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 12:31 am

I'm in the middle of a historical novel about Octavian Augustus. It's well-written and very interesting, if you're into the 'ancient Rome' thing Smile
Back to top Go down
Aliafne
Lord of Seasons
Aliafne

PostSubject: Re: Books' topic   Books' topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 1:21 am

Awwww Octavian Embarassed One of my big loves... Which book is this?
Back to top Go down
kitikri
Son of Seasons
kitikri

PostSubject: Re: Books' topic   Books' topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:16 pm

The book's by some Polish professor Alexander Krawczuk. It has some documentary approach too. Have you read it? grin
Back to top Go down
Phantom00700
Child of Seasons
Phantom00700

PostSubject: What is your favorite book(s)   Books' topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 4:10 am

I love the Harry Potter books, my favorite being #3. I also love the Eragon books, regardless of their similarities to Star Wars cherry . The Alex Rider series, and the Gate Keepers series (both series are by the same author). Also I'd have to say that the series with the books Clone Republic, Rouge Clone, Clone Alliance and I'm not sure what the 4th book is called, because I'm only on the third one. If you like Sci-fi that has a great story, great writing, and a moderately deep plot I'd pick these books up. They're by Steven L. Kent and they're some of my favorite books.

So now that I've shared my books list yours Very Happy

Edit mod.: post moved from isolated topic to this thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books' topic   Books' topic - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Books' topic
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2