Sons Of Seasons Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the official Forum of Sons Of Seasons

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSons of Seasons official website

Names, signatures, avatars

Go down 
+15
Admin
Erzebet
Phantom00700
Comatose Muffin
Dragon Goddess
Xandra
jesslacrymosa
chrissie
black halo angel
Waënelin
Erik Schepers
french metallian
Nymeria
WelcomeToIdiotica
Aliafne
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Aliafne
Lord of Seasons
Aliafne

Names, signatures, avatars Empty
PostSubject: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:27 pm

I wanted to open this topic a month ago or so... But than I was to lazy and in a lack of time. But now here it is Smile

So why did you choose the display name and the avatar and the signature you have? Does it ahve a special meaning for you or is it just by chance that you have them?

I start :P
I have Aliafne as a username now for a long time. I was reading once a book and found Aliane in it. But during that time we were big whitch fans with one of my best friends and I had to make a whitch name for myself. And I had to count there the number what goes to each letter, and I didnt had enough numbers, so I had to add an extra f in it Rolling Eyes Since then I use Aliafne on almost every forum I go to and it is even in my e-mail adress. So basically it is my online identity.

Now the avatar lol Well, my two favourite singers are singing one of my favourite songs. And the colours match the colours of the forum too.

I dont have a signature yet though... I am still in a search for some....
Back to top Go down
WelcomeToIdiotica
Lord of Seasons
WelcomeToIdiotica

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:38 pm

Well, when I was like 12, and realised I wanted to be in a band, I thought of band names. And then I thought 'how about a band name that was like Metallica, only more idiotic?' Thus, Idiotica was born. Then I realised it sounds more like a place than a name, so there's Welcome to Idiotica :P I think it describes me, really lol

The first part of my signature is part of a concept for a metal opera that I'm writing with a friend. The second part is trying to get people to join my forum :P

My avatar is me trying to look cool. Alas, I don't really seem to look very cool :P
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/welcometoidiotica
Nymeria
Knight of Seasons
Nymeria

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:40 pm

Good idea Very Happy

My name is from one of my favorite books written by George R.R. Martin and called "A song of ice and Fire" (in french Le Trône de Fer... so the Iron throne... don't know why it's called like that Suspect). It's a fantasy book, not yet finished ( No ) and Nyméria is a werewolf ^^ I like this name, so I took it Smile

My avatar is a gift drawn by a friend ! In fact it's a copy of a little illustration you can find in a manga called Nana !

No signature yet... maybe one day flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nymeria06
french metallian
Conqueror of Seasons
french metallian

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 2:26 pm

so why french metallian :p ? It was a LONG time (6 or 7 years I think). I was with a friend in the FNAC (a place where you can everything really great for CDs and DVDs) and I wanted to buy here one of my first metal album. I picked an album by hazard and suddenly a guy came and told to me:"ARE YOU CRAZY !!! Don't buy this album it's shitty !!" "How do you know man !?" "I know because I'm journalist for Metallian and I listened to it and it sounded crap..." so we talked a bit and this guy showed me a band which changed my life: Nightwish !! I left the shop with my two first metal album "Oceanborn" and "Wishmaster" . So it's a tribute to this anonymous guy... Moreover I used to buy the Metallian magazine after that and one day in 2002 if I remember well, there were a sample of a unknown band called Sahara Dust with a song "Cry for the moon". This band became Epica of course and after between 25 and 30 shows of them I can say that I\'m a fan Smile. And I met a LOT of nice people thanks to Epica (special dedicace to Mark,Didier,Cyril,Yannick,Ingrid,Simone,Oliver,Kathy and Emchen :p). So yes Metallian rules and if you read this, unknown prophet of metal who changed my life, I'd say"MERCI INFINIMENT" !

My ava is a picture of me taken by Ingrid in Utrecht and it's one of the few one I like. I also have the habit to take ava of vampire (Hellsing,Castlevania,Vampire the mascarade,favole,etc..) or ava of Cowboy bebop (the best japanese animationever with jazz and blues music :p)

So for the signature, the first part it's because I love Schnitzel no more no less specially with Hollandaise sauce Smile

The second one is a citation that a teacher in nuclear physics told us and I found it GREAT Smile

The last one is a japanese proverb that I find really poetic and also because I love Japan (my favourite country for ever)

Last edited by french metallian on Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
WelcomeToIdiotica
Lord of Seasons
WelcomeToIdiotica

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 2:31 pm

Indeed, it was good meeting you too Ben :P I have a lot of friends now thanks to Epica.
Back to top Go down
Nymeria
Knight of Seasons
Nymeria

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 2:47 pm

french metallian wrote:
so why french metallian :p ? It was a LONG time (6 or 7 years I think). I was with a friend in the FNAC (a place where you can everything really great for CDs and DVDs) and I wanted to buy here one of my first metal album. I picked an album by hazard and suddenly a guy came and told to me:"ARE YOU CRAZY !!! Don't buy this album it's shitty !!" "How do you know man !?" "I know because I'm journalist for Metallian and I listened to it and it sounded crap..."

I'm curious Very Happy do you remember which album it was ? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
french metallian
Conqueror of Seasons
french metallian

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 3:43 pm

I was sure that someone would ask this question Smile To be sincere I don't remeber exactly the thing but it was a kind of death metal band and the guy said me that I should start with more melodic stuff :p . But to be sincere I don't remember the name of the album nor the band. You know to remember an album that you DIDN'T buy 7 years ago it's quite hard Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nymeria
Knight of Seasons
Nymeria

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 4:01 pm

french metallian wrote:
I was sure that someone would ask this question Smile To be sincere I don't remeber exactly the thing but it was a kind of death metal band and the guy said me that I should start with more melodic stuff :p . But to be sincere I don't remember the name of the album nor the band. You know to remember an album that you DIDN'T buy 7 years ago it's quite hard Very Happy

lmao that's true !! I sometimes don't remember what I buy ! grin
Back to top Go down
Erik Schepers
Conqueror of Seasons
Erik Schepers

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 4:46 pm

My avatar is a photo of me with Tony Levin. As for my signature - don't have one, don't really need one at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.erikschepers.nl
Waënelin
Daughter of Seasons
Waënelin

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 5:12 am

Avatar - i took the opportunity to change it grin i put a pic of me when i registered here because most of early members had, but usually i never do that on forums. So, enough of my face Rolling Eyes
I chose an icon which means a lot to me (was so happy when i found it, thank you Xandra!!) because it reminds me of a great poem from Baudelaire entitled "Anywhere out of the world". I love this poem, and I often feel myself being 'somewhere out of the world'. I'm quite a daydreamer... So this icon was perfect for me. Plus, it's Oliver on it Very Happy

Pseudo: Waënelin is the Elvish for my real name lol Found it throughout a translator 10 or 12 years ago and thought it was nice... then I discovered it was never 'already used' (because it's unique) so I kept it as my online identity everywhere.

Signature: first lines are Kamelot lyrics I love; feel they fit me pretty well... but a lot of people would probably feel the same, uh?
and what i added today is an extract from a Baudelaire's poem, "La Voix". I absolutely love it, and the whole poem as well. Here's a rough translation:

"But the Voice comforts me and it says: "Keep your dreams;
Wise men do not have such beautiful ones as fools!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.loeil-et-la-main.com
black halo angel
Child of Seasons
black halo angel

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 5:38 am

Name; well......I was registering on the Kamforum and didn't have any name yet.....I'm kinda obsessed with angels of all kinds, so I thought up a white angel with a black halo. It sounded cool so I used it as my name. Now it's my regular net ID. =)

Avatar; a pic of the midnight sun. My mom took it (she's a great photographer), and sent it over to me. Had a really hard time figuring out how to make it small enough to upload (the original's almost 5 MB), but I finally found out that I could picture the screen and save a smaller version of it.

Signature; it's a quote from a Scout Camp I was at last summer. It's so.......I don't know how to explain it......but, if you just think about it I'm sure you'll see what I mean Wink
Back to top Go down
http://black-halo-angel.deviantart.com
chrissie
Knight of Seasons
chrissie

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:45 am

My username is the short form from my real name.
My avatar - I love the pictures from Royo - and I use this one at the moment on every page, but I change it sometimes.
My sig - nothing special, but true. If you give up your dreams, you give up yourself!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/chrissie_k
jesslacrymosa
Child of Seasons
jesslacrymosa

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:37 am

my nickname so, my name is Jessica so i used the short way "jess" and lacrymosa cause it'a an Evanescence's song and i really like this word also :P
my avatar...i was looking for something funny and when we and Aliafne saw this we laughed a lot so here it is :P
and signature, these are two really true sentences in my oopinion...one is a life motto of thomas youngblood(saw that on the dvd) and the other is in the booklet of the fourth legacy Smile
Back to top Go down
Aliafne
Lord of Seasons
Aliafne

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:54 pm

I have updated my sig....

The first one means "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" Taken from The Fourth Legay booklet...but actually I have heard it somewhere else too, and it is translated (by B.H.A.) into norwegian.

The secong one is a way of thinking I believe in. And I think it is really true.Well at least it works for me.
Back to top Go down
Nymeria
Knight of Seasons
Nymeria

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 5:34 pm

Aliafne wrote:

The first one means "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" Taken from The Fourth Legay booklet...but actually I have heard it somewhere else too, and it is translated (by B.H.A.) into norwegian.

The secong one is a way of thinking I believe in. And I think it is really true.Well at least it works for me.

If I remember well... the second one is also one of Khan's favorite motto Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aliafne
Lord of Seasons
Aliafne

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 5:59 pm

Nymeria wrote:
Aliafne wrote:

If I remember well... the second one is also one of Khan's favorite motto Very Happy

He is a clever man Very Happy But actually I heard it long before I even knew who Khan was XD
Back to top Go down
Xandra
Conqueror of Seasons
Xandra

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 7:05 pm

Waënelin wrote:
I chose an icon which means a lot to me (was so happy when i found it, thank you Xandra!!)

Well, I'm very glad you like it so much! Very Happy And did you notice? The colors match pretty good with the forum colors! :P

I just switched my icon, since I didn't like the other too much. And it's self explanatory, right? Wink

My user name is easy to explain and not very exotic. I usually used my real name when spending time on forums since I'm not very good with this whole thing. But it felt kinda boring and so a couple of years ago I tried to come up with something better, but nothing felt right. In the end I settled with Xandra (sometimes Xandra73), which is the short form of my second first name, which is Alexandra. Smile

I don't have a signature at the moment, as said , I fail big time when it comes to being creative sometimes. I'm good with creating icons, but signatures (text or pictures) are not really my thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xandra73
Dragon Goddess
Conqueror of Seasons
Dragon Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:40 pm

Display Name: Dragon Goddess...well, when I first joined the KamForum when I first joined the internet. At the time I joined another forum right before KamForum and had my name as Dragon Mistress, so I decided to change it to Dragon Goddess on KamForum. I chose dragons because I am obsessed with them, always have and always will be. It's like they are apart of my blood. Although I've had the idea kicking around to change my name to something moere meaningful and personal...I don't think I can change it, at least for quite some time. Everyone knows me on KamForum as DG and Dragon Goddess as my nick and it still holds some symbolism to me. Because I some times do feel - in my own world that is my room that's filled with dragons, swords, and fantasy - a goddess of dragons. So...
since my nick is Dragon Goddess on KamForum I decided to make it such on here so people will know who I am haha.

Signature: First line is one I wrote while in one of my wise/creative moods. The secon and third ones are part of a song lyric I recently wrote.

Avatar: One of Victoria Frances's paintings. =]
Back to top Go down
http://ladylunayen.deviantart.com/
Waënelin
Daughter of Seasons
Waënelin

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:01 am

Xandra wrote:
Waënelin wrote:
I chose an icon which means a lot to me (was so happy when i found it, thank you Xandra!!)

Well, I'm very glad you like it so much! Very Happy And did you notice? The colors match pretty good with the forum colors! :P

hehee, guess it was fated to it lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.loeil-et-la-main.com
Comatose Muffin
Child of Seasons
Comatose Muffin

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:00 am

Icon? Khan!
I loved that particular shot(March of Mephisto video), so I took a screen cap, and made it... smaller.

My signature is a quote from one of my favourite books. The character was under the influence of some sort of drug, halfway asleep at the time...
Back to top Go down
http://essence-of-equus.deviantart.com
Aliafne
Lord of Seasons
Aliafne

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 5:18 pm

lol! @ Em's new icon
Back to top Go down
WelcomeToIdiotica
Lord of Seasons
WelcomeToIdiotica

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 6:19 pm

Why thank you grin

Edit 1: My signature has changed, and now it's a quote from Ben. I quite like it, actually :P

Edit 2: I've added that I am the tiny dwarf of jokes in Dutch, because none of my German friends are online and so I can't get a translation :P

Edit 3: Changed it to German, because Oliver kindly translated it for me grin
Back to top Go down
black halo angel
Child of Seasons
black halo angel

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:59 pm

Aliafne wrote:

Yay! Very Happy
And I have the same, in Hungarian, translated by you :P
Also another sentence I just added to my sig; "Friends are angels who carry us when our wings are broken". I don't know where I heard it, maybe read it in someone else's signature.

I've updated my avatar too. It's a drawing I made some time ago, actually named it "black halo angel" AFTER I made this name up lol
Back to top Go down
http://black-halo-angel.deviantart.com
WelcomeToIdiotica
Lord of Seasons
WelcomeToIdiotica

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 11:32 pm

I've updated my sig, so I'll just explain it all :P

It's china, you whore <-- misheard lyrics from After Forever's Transitory

I find myself wrapped in the arms of emptiness
I can't stop running away, can't find a place to exist <-- lyrics from Spinnerette's Driving Song. I love those two lines.

Ich bin der kleine Witzzwerg! <-- 'I am the tiny dwarf of jokes' in German, kindly translated by Oliver

First link - Veils of Dawn forum

Second link - an Amanda Somerville fanpage I run with a friend of mine

My avatar is a gif that I found a while ago, and I thought it was really funny :P
Back to top Go down
Phantom00700
Child of Seasons
Phantom00700

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 9:14 pm

I got my name "Phantom00700" from Phantom of the Opera! PotO is by far my favorite musical of all time, great story, awesome music. Then the 007 part came from James Bond 007, and the two extra 0's came from the name "phantom007" already being taken on a game Wink So that's how I got my name cherry

And I got my avatar (a pic of Oli, not that I need to tell most of you Very Happy ) from the Kamelot concert I went to on Oct. 20th at Station 4 in Minnesota! That was my first concert ever and it was the best night of my life! \m/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Names, signatures, avatars   Names, signatures, avatars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Names, signatures, avatars
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sons Of Seasons Forum :: Sons Of Seasons (English) :: Off Topic Discussions-
Jump to: