Sons Of Seasons Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the official Forum of Sons Of Seasons

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSons of Seasons official website

Movies & Cinema

Go down 
+10
kitikri
Comatose Muffin
Aliafne
Powow
Waënelin
chrissie
Dragon Goddess
Erik Schepers
WelcomeToIdiotica
french metallian
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
french metallian
Conqueror of Seasons
french metallian

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 7:25 pm

Hi people ,
so I open this topic just to talk about your favorite movies and also the ones you are waiting with a BIG impatience in a cinema close to your home Smile.
So I'll be quick:
my favorite movies:
-the nightmare before Christmas
-the crow
-gladiator
-the last samurai
-un long dimanche de fiançailles (just to say a french one).

And the movie, I'm expected the most for the moment are Batman, the dark knight and X files 2 (i'm a big fan of the TV show so :p)

So see you, children of seasons Wink
Back to top Go down
WelcomeToIdiotica
Lord of Seasons
WelcomeToIdiotica

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 9:06 pm

I love all the Disney classics, also The Others and The Bucket List are really good movies. I can't think of any others that I really like :P

I'm also looking forward to the X Files movie, and Wall E looks like a really cute film xD but I won't go to see it :P
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/welcometoidiotica
Erik Schepers
Conqueror of Seasons
Erik Schepers

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:10 pm

I'm definitely going to see The Dark Knight, and might go to Wall-E, provided they show the original (ie, non dubbed) version. As for the X files, I pretty much lost interest after the 5th series, and I'm not going to the cinema to see the new movie, as I'm fairly certain it'll disappoint me.

As for favourite movies, it's hard to make a list, as there are loads (from various genres) I love. But this should be a good indication as to what I like to watch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.erikschepers.nl
Dragon Goddess
Conqueror of Seasons
Dragon Goddess

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:45 pm

Mmmm I like alot of movies really, mainly action, horror, fantasy, comedy, and sci-fi. Horror is my main genre though xD I'll have to say Resident Evil is probably my favorite movie. Along with a couple of others up there high on my list, I'm not too big of a movie critic so...I also tend to like some cheesy stuff.

I'm hoping I can see The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor soon.
Back to top Go down
http://ladylunayen.deviantart.com/
chrissie
Knight of Seasons
chrissie

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 11:49 am

I'm a fan of fantasy and sci-fi movies. I like The Day after Tomorrow, LOTR and some others in this genre.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/chrissie_k
Waënelin
Daughter of Seasons
Waënelin

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 7:56 pm

Do i really have to make a choice between so many good films i love? hard! Shocked

ok, to name a few... The Lord of the Rings, A History of Violence, Sin City, Dead Man, Big Fish, Edward Scissorhands, Nightmare Before Christmas, La Môme, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, La Science des Rêves, Shine, Dans la peau de John Malkovitch, Fight Club, The Experience, Pirates of the Caribbean, Memento, The Man who Cried, The Fifth Element, V for Vendetta, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, Dead Poets Society, Mystic River, Will Hunting, .......

...and the Pixars! those of you you have not seen Wall-e yet, RUN and see it!!! it's a masterpiece, best Pixar so far!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.loeil-et-la-main.com
Powow
Powow

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 10:03 pm

...*reflexion*

I don't like scary movies, woth lot of blood, suspens etc... I always have nightmares after I'm watching it lol
So I prefer films like, Lord Of the Ring (of course queen ) but also Pride and Prejudice I love you , all Disney, Sleepy Hollow, Narnia etc...
Back to top Go down
Aliafne
Lord of Seasons
Aliafne

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 12:52 pm

I so wanted to open this topic but I didn't have time for it in the past weeks. Neutral I even opened it ones but my internet froze down and it havent posted it :P

Well I have seen like hundreds of movies since we havent had TV Channels for 3 years and we were always whatching movies instead. 2 or 3 movies / week. An for some time I wanted to be a film director, later an editor... now I am stick with producing XD So since I have seen so amny movies I realy cant tell which ones are my avourites. Cause there is diference for me in fav good movie (like for example Duel or Godfather) or favourite bad movie - bad but I still enjoy it (like POTC and SW :P )

The last thing I saw was Mamma Mia and I am looking forward to see Wall-E ( I hate this animated films, but this robot looked so cute Embarassed ) and Batman (there would have been no money on earth to make me going to whatch a Batman movie ever... But only because of the respect for Heath Ledger I promissed myself to go and whatch it)
Back to top Go down
Comatose Muffin
Child of Seasons
Comatose Muffin

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 3:14 pm

My favourite movies...
The Last Unicorn(My favourite book, too), Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, V for Vendetta, Transformers, Iron Man, the Pirates trilogy, Braveheart, Pocahontas, Anastasia...
There'll be more I'm missing... the underlined are my absolute favourites.

Movies I'm waiting for?
I'm waiting for Peter S. Beagle to win back the rights to the live-action version of The Last Unicorn so he can hand them over to a company who will actually do something with them.
And... for Cry of the Icemark to come out of production. AND. AND I'm waiting for Patrick Rothfuss to make a deal with a company to turn The Name of the Wind into a film.

Erm. I don't think I'm really waiting for any movies that are definitely in the works. Other than Twilight. I HATED those books. They were terrible. But somehow they sucked me in, and I'm actually excited for the movie. Someone stab me.
Back to top Go down
http://essence-of-equus.deviantart.com
kitikri
Son of Seasons
kitikri

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 2:02 pm

Waënelin wrote:
Do i really have to make a choice between so many good films i love? hard! Shocked

ok, to name a few... The Lord of the Rings, A History of Violence, Sin City, Dead Man, Big Fish, Edward Scissorhands, Nightmare Before Christmas, La Môme, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, La Science des Rêves, Shine, Dans la peau de John Malkovitch, Fight Club, The Experience, Pirates of the Caribbean, Memento, The Man who Cried, The Fifth Element, V for Vendetta, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, Dead Poets Society, Mystic River, Will Hunting, .......

...and the Pixars! those of you you have not seen Wall-e yet, RUN and see it!!! it's a masterpiece, best Pixar so far!!! bounce
Huzzah for spaghetti westerns Very Happy

The only movie I'm really anticipating right now is Max Payne... Yeah, I'm a big fan of the game, and the movie seems to have grasped the game's general idea very well. Plus, there are a lot of connections to the game, like Aesir Corp. with its logo, the Sax sisters seem 1:1 and the general idea behind the "valkyr" with those flying things is a twist from that in-game show "Address Unknown", with its catchphrase "the flesh of fallen angels". The story seems almost the same as the game's, and that's a winning move, unlike Hitman's plot for example. Anyway, enough annoying you all lol

Listing my fave movies is a tought task, I'm bound to miss a few, but I'll try anyway :P
The Godfather, Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan. A lot of Tarantino: Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Sin City, Kill Bill...
Now for the "chain effect" lol All Starwars, All LOTR, All Indy Jones, All Lethal Weapons, All Back to the Future. Maybe even all Die Hards.
All spaghetti westerns that feature Ennio Morricone's music, including The Professional (kind of 'the definitive contemporary french western' lol). Yeah, Belmondo's really cool, but I can't remember any other of his movies right now.
Also, Gladiator, Braveheart,The Phantom of the Opera (the recent one hehe), Scarface too. If we're talking about classics - Bogart definitely: Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon and The Big Sleep. Very Happy
I'd better stop now, or I can go on forever Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Aliafne
Lord of Seasons
Aliafne

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:22 am

Kitikri, and the Once upon a times!!!!!! The once upon a times lol Dont forget about them!
Back to top Go down
Erik Schepers
Conqueror of Seasons
Erik Schepers

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 1:00 am

Aliafne wrote:
Kitikri, and the Once upon a times!!!!!! The once upon a times lol Dont forget about them!

The Once upon a time in China's with Jet Li? What about 'em? Wink

Saw the Dark Knight tonight - overal very enjoyable, but too long, and the 2nd half of the movie was drawn out too much. And an awesome performance by Heath Ledger. And the make-up made him look really, really creepy.
Back to top Go down
kitikri
Son of Seasons
kitikri

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 1:16 am

Yeah, I really forgot about them. But you didn't mention them either :P So, here's The trio:
  • Once Upon a Time in the West
  • Once Upon a Time in America
  • Once Upon a Time in Mexico
Really nice ones, you better watch them all, or at least the first one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Erik Schepers
Conqueror of Seasons
Erik Schepers

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 1:26 pm

Once upon a time in Mexico didn't do much for me - I much prefer El Mariachi.

As for once upon a time in the west, I've recently added it to my collection but haven't had the chance to watch it.
Back to top Go down
WelcomeToIdiotica
Lord of Seasons
WelcomeToIdiotica

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 8:13 pm

I forgot to add that I love the Muppet movies :P
Back to top Go down
french metallian
Conqueror of Seasons
french metallian

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 3:57 pm

I saw Wall E yesterday and I was cheers
Probably one of the best naimation ever, a very clever environmentfriendly tale coupled with a kind of love story as in the black and white old movies Smile
Just one word: PERFECT !
Back to top Go down
Waënelin
Daughter of Seasons
Waënelin

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 5:40 pm

french metallian wrote:
I saw Wall E yesterday and I was cheers
Probably one of the best naimation ever, a very clever environmentfriendly tale coupled with a kind of love story as in the black and white old movies Smile
Just one word: PERFECT !

hahaaaa, glad you like it!!! grin i'm IN LOVE with this film! it's the best Pixar i.m.o, and one of the best animation films i've ever seen! love2 love2 love2

come on, with me: WAAAAAALL-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.loeil-et-la-main.com
Aliafne
Lord of Seasons
Aliafne

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:10 pm

Wall- Eeeeeeee!!! I so want to see that movie. I just have to wait till my friends arrive back from their hollyday rendeer
I dont really like Pixar though... scratch I like old-Disney. Classical cartoons and not animations. I guess it is far better to show a 4-5 year old kid classical and nice cartoons like Snowwhite and Lion King or Aladdin then showing a 2-3 year old kid (as many parents do now) Finding Nemo and Ice Age. Movies & Cinema THrant
Back to top Go down
WelcomeToIdiotica
Lord of Seasons
WelcomeToIdiotica

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:17 pm

I prefer the classics, although the Pixar animations are very well made...
Back to top Go down
Aliafne
Lord of Seasons
Aliafne

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:23 pm

Well indeed they are well mayde...but my problem is that the last good Disney I remember was Mulan... And than Pixar took over. And now Pixar is amkin animated cartoons, Disney is making family movies and some old fassioned cartoons in the past years were made by Dream Works. Shocked So there is a huge mixup between the studios. Not good. Crying or Very sad Well good for Pixar cause they were the one who won his competition...but still. Cartoon movies = Disney for me.
Back to top Go down
mei`
Child of Seasons
mei`

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:27 pm

Star Wars love

So yeah, Star Wars -movies are my all-time favourites! The old trilogy is a legend and new is great entertainment. Hayden Christensen is HOT and so is Evan McGregor. n___n Yohoho Yoda. Thanks to Star Wars, I fell in love with Harrison Ford and that inspired me to watch Indiana Jones -movies and OHMY OHMY. They're awesome! I just love them, I mean the old ones. Haven't seen the newest one and I'm not sure do I even want to...

The other films I like:
The Pirates of the Caribbean
Sweeney Todd (Johnny Depp, ETERNAL LOVE!)
Perfume
Lucky Number Slevin
Running With Scissors
Batman: The Dark Knight (JOKER LOVE)
Batman Returns
Princess Mononoke
Edward Scissorhands

Star Wars love

Last edited by mei` on Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aliafne
Lord of Seasons
Aliafne

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 12:10 am

mei` wrote:
Star Wars love

So yeah, Star Wars -movies are my all-time favourites! The old trilogy is a legend and new is great entertainment. Hayden Christensen is HOT and so is Evan McGregor. n___n Yohoho Yoda. Thanks to Star Wars, I fell in love with Harrison Ford and that inspired me to watch Indiana Jones -movies and OHMY OHMY. They're awesome! I just love them, I mean the old ones. Haven't seen the newest one and I'm not sure do I even want to...

The other films I like:
The Pirates of the Caribbean
Sweeney Todd (Johnny Depp, ETERNAL LOVE!)
Perfume
Lucky Number Slevin
Running With Scirrors
Batman: The Dark Knight (JOKER LOVE)
Batman Returns
Princess Mononoke
Edward Scissorhands

Star Wars love

OMG!!! OMG!!!! A Star Wars fan!!! SW Rules my life!!!!! I am a huge huge huge fan :P I am even on a forum based RPG about Star Wars Embarassed
Others: Huge POTC fan too.. Well I see u like Johnny Depp too! Sweeney was very good, and well Scissorhands is basic movie. I didnt like Batman movies and Parfume and 300 though :( But Running with the Scissors I could recomend to everyone!
Back to top Go down
Erik Schepers
Conqueror of Seasons
Erik Schepers

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 12:42 am

Star Wars? I still think George Lucas should be slapped around for mucking up the original trilogy. Cleaning up the film, slight tweaks to the special effects are okay. But the Sarlacc looked ridiculous with that water melon stuck in there. And when he finally released the original trilogy in the original version (As a bonus? WTF?) it's in letterbox format as opposed to pan & scan.

As for the newer films - The Phantom Menace was a bit meh, but things picked up in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. Despite Hayden Christensen whose acting was less than good. Especially compared to just about every other actor (minus the annoying kid from TPM). I must admit that I am an old fart and I have seen every movie in the cinema (I saw Return of the Jedi at age 10, bordering on 11), so I'm probably a bit more "conservative" when it comes to Star Wars.

And I can't understand why people like PotC. They seem to go on and on and on and on. Chop a good hour from every movie and I might consider watching them all again, but managed the first one just fine, struggled with the second, and never finished watching the third, quitting half way through. If I want to see Johnny Depp I much prefer Sleepy Hollow, which I consider to be a great movie.
Back to top Go down
WelcomeToIdiotica
Lord of Seasons
WelcomeToIdiotica

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 1:00 am

I've always believed PotC was so popular because it's got good looking people in it :P
Back to top Go down
Aliafne
Lord of Seasons
Aliafne

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 11:10 am

Erik Schepers wrote:
Star Wars? I still think George Lucas should be slapped around for mucking up the original trilogy. Cleaning up the film, slight tweaks to the special effects are okay. But the Sarlacc looked ridiculous with that water melon stuck in there. And when he finally released the original trilogy in the original version (As a bonus? WTF?) it's in letterbox format as opposed to pan & scan.

As for the newer films - The Phantom Menace was a bit meh, but things picked up in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. Despite Hayden Christensen whose acting was less than good. Especially compared to just about every other actor (minus the annoying kid from TPM). I must admit that I am an old fart and I have seen every movie in the cinema (I saw Return of the Jedi at age 10, bordering on 11), so I'm probably a bit more "conservative" when it comes to Star Wars.

And I can't understand why people like PotC. They seem to go on and on and on and on. Chop a good hour from every movie and I might consider watching them all again, but managed the first one just fine, struggled with the second, and never finished watching the third, quitting half way through. If I want to see Johnny Depp I much prefer Sleepy Hollow, which I consider to be a great movie.

Well my favourite is also the old trilogy. And when I first saw it, I saw the original film, not the cleaned up one. And I still have it on VHS Embarassed
But as a SW fan I laso like the new trilogy and I have read several books too. Since Vader and Palpatine are my two really favourite characters, well the new trilogy tell more for me about them. Especially about Palpatine. And I was happpy about Hayden cause imo for me he was a goodlooking Anakain XD And that is very improtant!!
In some points I am conservative too. I dont like the New Jedi Order...where SW is going now....and I dont like that everybody is taking the games and the books more serious and they are forgetting about the movies Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Well POTC is not the best movies ever...so is not SW. I liked the first POTC because it was a big game. The movie is using everything you can do with a camera and it is making fun of itself. Like if you are shooting an actor from under, he seems more bigger and more heroic. They were using this trick when Jack Sparrow first enters...and they even made a very heroic music for it. And then in the next cut you can see that the boat is sinking. lol I mean thats just hilarious!!! It is basically a parody of movie making. Than there is the scene where Jack makes the donkey move.... Sound, editing, just on time. Perfect. Little thing like this make POTC for me one of my favs. Aaand offcourse Jack Sparrow.
So why ppl like POTC is why they like other blockbusters like this one. Entertainment.

(best movie of Johnny Depp is Blow!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Movies & Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies & Cinema   Movies & Cinema Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movies & Cinema
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sons Of Seasons Forum :: Sons Of Seasons (English) :: Off Topic Discussions-
Jump to: