Sons Of Seasons Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the official Forum of Sons Of Seasons

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSons of Seasons official website

Video games

Go down 
+8
Daniella
Dragon Goddess
Erik Schepers
Aliafne
mei`
jesslacrymosa
WelcomeToIdiotica
french metallian
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Aliafne
Lord of Seasons
Aliafne

Video games - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:48 pm

Awww....everybody is so lucky to have time for games XD

I waited 2 years to get Empire at War cause it was the game of my dreams, and I barely have time for it. Not even in summer! This is crazy..... Crying or Very sad
But actually I know I would be in love with strategy games. I was searching some, but stilly couldnt find the best. I search for one from the WWII (mainly with African campaign and be bale to play with both sides) and one from Napoleon era...but I want to be with the english and on the sea cause I am a big admirerer of Nelson lol
So if anybody has any suggestions..... And it should fit Vista :P

But actually I am more in forum based RPG. No rules, just pure imagination and free to write the stories I like and make up characters I would like to play with.
Back to top Go down
kitikri
Son of Seasons
kitikri

PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:59 pm

Aliafne wrote:
But actually I am more in forum based RPG. No rules, just pure imagination and free to write the stories I like and make up characters I would like to play with.
You should try Zork, it's the first text-based adventure game... It's entirely command-driven, for example... it only tells you you're in a cellar, and you enter "light torch" and then it tells you what's around... It's very cool Very Happy You can try it here ;]
Back to top Go down
french metallian
Conqueror of Seasons
french metallian

PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 11:23 pm

Hey Aliafne, so hard to say because there are a lot of strategy games (specially about WWII)

for Napoleonic era:
Cossacks 2 : Battle for Europe ( the biggest army in the story of video games)
Cossacks 2 : Napoleonic war (story of the most famous french dwarf)
Europa Universalis III (if you want that Hungary rules the world between 1400 and 1800)

for WWII:
Blitzkrieg ( WWII version 92763)
Blitzkrieg II (easier than the previous one)
Afrika Korps vs Desert Rats (funny name :P )

Other cool games :P :
Rise of nations: rise of legends (UGO =Unindentifiable Gaming Object )
Battle for the middle earth 2 (kick ass Legolas)
Rome:Total War (Ave Caesar the one will play, salute you)
Shogun: Total war (sushi war/a nice one )
Age of Empire III (invasion USA :P / story of the US colonisation)

EDIT: you have to check for the compatibility with Vista, remeber to ask to a seller before buying a game Very Happy

as usual so many good games ....
Back to top Go down
french metallian
Conqueror of Seasons
french metallian

PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:19 pm

I'm in Grenoble at a friend place who is in the frnech top 10 on the battlenet server in Starcraft. He showed me a demonstration, he kicked a guy in 6 min Very Happy . His pseudo is jG)TarpousE so if you want to try on the battlenet europe. I have to warn you, he is pretty strong so it's a bit frustrating Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 2:22 am

I climbed the ladder for Battle For Middle Earth 2 once pretty high but there are always some guys leaving you pale in the face, sitting there like a bloody noob. In my opinion it's a talent- thing, like in music or sports. You can practice but the highest level you won't reach in a hundred years if you're not made for it.

Consoles don't attract me. For Real Time Strategy Games you just need a keyboard and at least 15 hot keys.
Back to top Go down
https://sonsofseasons.forumieren.de
Erik Schepers
Conqueror of Seasons
Erik Schepers

PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 12:37 pm

Consoles do have an advantage - plug them in, turn them on, and you're ready to play. And no worrying about meeting certain hardware / OS requirements.

At the moment I'm kinda looking forward to Red Alert 3, but the prospect of DRM (you're only allowed to install the game 5 times - WTF?!) and the possibility of the same annoying control system as C&C 3 (right click for actions - breaking tradition with every other C&C game) will make me wait until the game hits the bargain bin, or a crack for the DRM crud is released.
Back to top Go down
http://www.erikschepers.nl
kitikri
Son of Seasons
kitikri

PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 1:07 pm

Yeah, they go too far with these protections. The general rule is that if the disc can be read, it can be copied - period. There's this case of that audio production program Cubase - the internal protection routines take place so frequently that they slow down execution with ~50%. Scary indeed. Now imagine a resource-hungry game. Even scarier lol

Is anyone here a fallout fan? Fallout 3 is coming this fall Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WelcomeToIdiotica
Lord of Seasons
WelcomeToIdiotica

PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 6:38 pm

I bought the latest addition to the Syphon Filter collection (for PlayStation/PS2) on Tuesday - Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror. It was released last year, but I've only just found out about it, and since Tuesday I've already completed the game :P

It's shorter than the earlier games, but definitely worth playing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/welcometoidiotica
Solitaire
Child of Seasons
Solitaire

PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:44 pm

Erik Schepers wrote:
Consoles do have an advantage - plug them in, turn them on, and you're ready to play. And no worrying about meeting certain hardware / OS requirements.
+1 That's why I prefer console games to 90%. I'm always worried if my computer is able to play this or that, really annoying sometimes.

All games I have for my computer:
Diablo 2
Age of Empires 2
Moto GP blabla
Industriegigant 2
Cossacks: European Wars (Unfortunately causes trouble with XP, can't play it anymore Crying or Very sad )
Shade
Gothic
Unreal Tournament
Battlefield 1942
Land of the Dead
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Back to top Go down
kitikri
Son of Seasons
kitikri

PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2008 1:38 am

I agree about the hassle-free experience consoles deliver. But let's be real - Half-Life or Diablo on a console? Naah. I prefer pc games despite their drawbacks :]

Hey, I've played Cossacks on XP. You just had to get this patch (extract it to the base dir) and rename the Video folder to Video1. It has something to do with service pack 2 and directx9, afaik Smile
Back to top Go down
Solitaire
Child of Seasons
Solitaire

PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 9:42 pm

Hey, where's my reply from yesterday? o.o
Anyway, here a new try: Thank you a lot, now I can play that awesome game again. I love you

Got Final Fantasy 10 today, borrowed by a friend. <3 at the Bestia.
Back to top Go down
kitikri
Son of Seasons
kitikri

PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 7:08 pm

You're welcome Smile

Hey, anybody here up for some SoS fan multiplayer? Very Happy How about Unreal Tournament? Or whatever else you have installed and willing to play?
Back to top Go down
WelcomeToIdiotica
Lord of Seasons
WelcomeToIdiotica

PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 8:09 pm

I'd be up for it, but the only PC games I have on here are Portal, Half Life and Team Fortress :P
Back to top Go down
Aliafne
Lord of Seasons
Aliafne

PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 5:28 pm

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/is-this-the-world-s-most-addictive-game-/1248496

And look at the article under it : "As music industry stumbles, musicians turn to games" lol
Back to top Go down
french metallian
Conqueror of Seasons
french metallian

PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 4:00 pm

Later it would be nice to make a SoS lan, you are right kitikri :p (UT or Starcraft).
Back to top Go down
WelcomeToIdiotica
Lord of Seasons
WelcomeToIdiotica

PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 11:35 pm

I'm playing Destroy All Humans 2 on PS2. Good fun :P
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 5:03 am

If you start a Sons Of Seasons network game I'll join What a Face . Unreal Tournament 3, Battle for Middle Earth 2, later Starcraft 2 would work for me. As long as I am not on tour.
Back to top Go down
https://sonsofseasons.forumieren.de
kitikri
Son of Seasons
kitikri

PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:20 pm

Cmon people, fire up the "setup.exe"s and get ready YES!

Meanwhile, the movie "Max Payne" is out. If you're lucky enough to have it projected at a cinema near you, I'd suggest seeing it. If not, you have just the time to play both games and freshen up your memory :P
Back to top Go down
WelcomeToIdiotica
Lord of Seasons
WelcomeToIdiotica

PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 2:36 pm

I've asked for UT 3 for Christmas, so maybe I'll join in one day :P
Back to top Go down
Phantom00700
Child of Seasons
Phantom00700

PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 12:31 am

Grrr... I'm not allowed to play any fun games becuase "They're too viloent" Can't play any games that allow you to kill people (except for Star Wars and LOTR because "you've seen the movie") and I can't play games that are rated M. So in other words all the games that have become famous on a world wide scale Mad
Back to top Go down
Aliafne
Lord of Seasons
Aliafne

PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 12:37 am

If there will be one I buy the games and join Smile
Back to top Go down
french metallian
Conqueror of Seasons
french metallian

PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 2:22 pm

Would be nice a lan with the admin yeah ! Very Happy But be carefull to not become a no life Oli :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video games
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sons Of Seasons Forum :: Sons Of Seasons (English) :: Off Topic Discussions-
Jump to: