Sons Of Seasons Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the official Forum of Sons Of Seasons

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSons of Seasons official website

Comics / Mangas

Go down 
+2
Aliafne
Nymeria
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nymeria
Knight of Seasons
Nymeria

Comics / Mangas Empty
PostSubject: Comics / Mangas   Comics / Mangas Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:34 am

There's a topic for books, but not for this kind of books ^^

So, do you read mangas or comics ? Do you like them (both or just one category ?) and what's your favorite ones ?

I'm not a comics fan ! I read, few years ago, Asterix because it was a shame to study celtic archaeology and don't know this comics XD but that's all. I tried to read Batman, and other series like Black and Mortimer, Tintin but it's not my cup of tea !

However, I'm a manga addict ! I love them, and used to read lots of them (now I try to limit myself because it's very expensive). I also watch anime when I can, it's another way to discover new series, and it's always a pleasure to see a manga you like animated with colour and music ^^ (but sometimes, the adaptation is not good like for a book). You can also find original stories (and when it works, they make a manga XD).

I love mangas designs and when you got used to read book from left to the right it's very pleasant (now I read all magazine like that XD). What I love too is the variety you can find ! There are mangas made for boys (shonen manga) with lots of fightings, mangas for girls (shojo manga) but also fantasy, horror, fantastic, mystery,magic, sport, historical manga or just everyday life Smile

I have lots of favorite mangas, it's very hard to chose just one or two. But if I must do it, i will talk about Mushishi a manga made by Yuki Urushibara. It's a "contemplative manga", very slow and one of the most beautiful I read and see (There's an anime from the manga and the Original Soundtrack is so beautiful !). When you are stressed you can watch one episode or read one book, and find serenity ^^

I think i could speak during hours about that, so I will stop ^^ It's your turn !
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nymeria06
Aliafne
Lord of Seasons
Aliafne

Comics / Mangas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics / Mangas   Comics / Mangas Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:13 am

I am not a fan of american type of comics. But!

I am a huge manga and anime fan.... I just dont have time for it!! Rolling Eyes
It all started with RTL, when I was a kid and we lived abroad and I had to practice german for school, so it was the easiest way to whatch TV. And in the afternoons they showed all the animes. There was one with a volleyball player, and one with a football team, than Sailermoon (all time favourite XD). And Lady Oscar had such a big effect on me, with the french revolution and the whole story. Than we came back to Hungary and the TV was not showing animes, so I kinda stpped with it. In high school though I met my best friends who were also anime fans,s o we whatched it togather. Naruto cat , and Gravitation (I could recomand it to everyone!!), and I started to whatch soem others too, but matura started and since than I have no time for it... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Erik Schepers
Conqueror of Seasons
Erik Schepers

Comics / Mangas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics / Mangas   Comics / Mangas Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 7:17 pm

I occasionally read Dilbert online, which never fails to amuse me. Perhaps because it's all very recognizable, having worked in IT for over 10 years. I have assorted comics, including several Suske and Wiskes, as well as the mid 80's Ewoks, Star Wars and Indiana Jones material, but I haven't read any of it in ages.

As for anime, I have a few DVD's, but I'm not that big a fan of the genre. There's too few gems, and too much mediocrity and plain rubbish.
Back to top Go down
http://www.erikschepers.nl
french metallian
Conqueror of Seasons
french metallian

Comics / Mangas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics / Mangas   Comics / Mangas Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 4:06 pm

I've read a lot of mangas :
-Hokuto no ken
-City Hunter
-Cat's Eyes
-GTO
-Detective Conan
-Kenshin
-Cowboy Bebop
etc...

for US Comics:
-Batman
-Lady Death

for BD :P :
-ASTERIX I love you
-Blake & Mortimer
-Le Prince de la Nuit
-Garfield I love you

so many comics Smile
Back to top Go down
kitikri
Son of Seasons
kitikri

Comics / Mangas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics / Mangas   Comics / Mangas Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:47 pm

Do webcomix count?

Ctrl - Alt - Del
VG Cats
LFG (Looking for group)

CAD is definitely the best, although some recent issues are becoming bloated and not related to IT/gaming in anyway. I still like it the best though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
black halo angel
Child of Seasons
black halo angel

Comics / Mangas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics / Mangas   Comics / Mangas Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 6:26 pm

Yay people like mangas^^

Well, I'm a great fan of the Norwegian comic Nemi. It's been translated to at least four languages, and I guess English is among them Wink
Also, Fables and Bizarro (they run in the Nemi magazine).

Mangas:
All of Arina Tanemura's work. I love them! (Full Moon, ION, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, Time Stranger Kyoko)
Princess Ai - I suggest you go read this one. It's beautiful ^^
Death Note (yes, me too Very Happy)
And many more but I don't remember them right now >.<

I'm not that much into anime, but i've seen some of Hayao Miyasaki's work. Beautiful. If you haven't seen them, go get them.
Back to top Go down
http://black-halo-angel.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

Comics / Mangas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics / Mangas   Comics / Mangas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comics / Mangas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sons Of Seasons Forum :: Sons Of Seasons (English) :: Off Topic Discussions-
Jump to: