Sons Of Seasons Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the official Forum of Sons Of Seasons

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSons of Seasons official website

Website - your ideas!

Go down 
+8
chrissie
Erik Schepers
Trinity
kitikri
Waënelin
Aliafne
WelcomeToIdiotica
Admin
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Dragon Goddess
Conqueror of Seasons
Dragon Goddess

Website - your ideas! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website - your ideas!   Website - your ideas! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 7:24 pm

Aliafne wrote:
Ask maybe Dragon Godess...she seemed to manage it Smile

Haha....I just clicked on the quote like you would do a single one and copy/pasted all the stuff I wanted to quote on notepad then copy/pasted into one post after I got done with copying and pasting the quotes I wanted to say something on.

Please excuse me for not being able to explain things right now in a way that makes sense Shocked I'm tired and hot lol Hope that helped you though =]
Back to top Go down
http://ladylunayen.deviantart.com/
Waënelin
Daughter of Seasons
Waënelin

PostSubject: Re: Website - your ideas!   Website - your ideas! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 2:19 pm

Hey,
just realized something. We should add a link to the website on the navbar, it's a lack. I'm a bit busy right now; would you do it, Kitikri? i'll make the button this afternoon. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.loeil-et-la-main.com
kitikri
Son of Seasons
kitikri

PostSubject: Re: Website - your ideas!   Website - your ideas! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 2:30 pm

Sure! Just send me the link to the png when ready Smile
Back to top Go down
Waënelin
Daughter of Seasons
Waënelin

PostSubject: Re: Website - your ideas!   Website - your ideas! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 10:50 pm

kitikri wrote:
Actually i remembered at once how to do Smile I need help for something else, though: i'd like to hide the 'Usergroups' button, for the navbar is a bit too long now IMO and this button is quite unuseful, don't you think?... but i couldn't figure out how to do that? confused3

EDIT: Oliver, i thought about something else, this afternoon. What about implementing a newsletter, with a small subscription form on the site? This way the members of the forum would be kept informed with news; i feel it would be a good thing, especially now that more 'behind the scenes' vids are to be expected Smile
Not all of the forum members use to visit SoS myspace regularly... plus, a newsletter is a good way to 'wake up' people who might have forgotten to visit us grin
I know it's a bit more work, but i could deal with it, if Kitikri or yourself don't have time for this.
Back to top Go down
kitikri
Son of Seasons
kitikri

PostSubject: Re: Website - your ideas!   Website - your ideas! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:23 pm

Waënelin wrote:
kitikri wrote:
Actually i remembered at once how to do Smile I need help for something else, though: i'd like to hide the 'Usergroups' button, for the navbar is a bit too long now IMO and this button is quite unuseful, don't you think?... but i couldn't figure out how to do that? confused3
Well, it couldn't be done from the admin panel because all the default buttons were locked, so I managed to hack up some CSS code that hides it Smile

No prob for the mailing list with me :] But that'll kind of defeat the purpose of the blog... Lemme check if there is something similar as a module for it, for example mailing the blog post to users Smile
Back to top Go down
Waënelin
Daughter of Seasons
Waënelin

PostSubject: Re: Website - your ideas!   Website - your ideas! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 4:42 am

kitikri wrote:

No prob for the mailing list with me :] But that'll kind of defeat the purpose of the blog... Lemme check if there is something similar as a module for it, for example mailing the blog post to users Smile

Both can coexist. If you don't think of visiting the website from time to time, you'll never see the blog updates... and people always have lots of other things in head - and a real life... That's why some people like to subscribe to site updates they don't want to miss.
(Specific 'update alarm' tools even exist, on the same purpose: Firefox add-ons, for example)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Website - your ideas!   Website - your ideas! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:28 am

The newsletter sounds like a good idea to me. I thought about starting something like that a bit later but on the other hand an earlier start has the advantage that more people are in the basket when the record's released.
Back to top Go down
https://sonsofseasons.forumieren.de
french metallian
Conqueror of Seasons
french metallian

PostSubject: Re: Website - your ideas!   Website - your ideas! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 12:26 pm

I think that the news letter idea is a good one but would be better to start that when there will be more people on the forum. We are quite few here up to now and we almost connect each day (or at least 1 per week) so for the moment the new letter won't be very usefull I think since we read the news directly on the website Very Happy . Later when the population in the forum will be bigger, the news later will be an usefull tool indeed.
Back to top Go down
Waënelin
Daughter of Seasons
Waënelin

PostSubject: Re: Website - your ideas!   Website - your ideas! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 1:34 pm

french metallian wrote:
I think that the news letter idea is a good one but would be better to start that when there will be more people on the forum. We are quite few here up to now and we almost connect each day (or at least 1 per week) so for the moment the new letter won't be very usefull I think since we read the news directly on the website Very Happy . Later when the population in the forum will be bigger, the news later will be an usefull tool indeed.

there are two ways to implement a newsletter system: from the forum directly or from the website, with a little subscription form that people can fill-in or not. You may be right about the 1st (not entirely IMO, though: there are quite a lot of inactive members here, who probably just don't think to visit anymore). But the 2d would not be bad... our talented Kitikri's working on it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Website - your ideas!   Website - your ideas! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Website - your ideas!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sons Of Seasons Forum :: Sons Of Seasons (English) :: News-
Jump to: