Sons Of Seasons Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the official Forum of Sons Of Seasons

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSons of Seasons official website

Express Yourself

Go down 
+11
mei`
jesslacrymosa
Comatose Muffin
chrissie
french metallian
Dragon Goddess
kitikri
Waënelin
Erik Schepers
Aliafne
WelcomeToIdiotica
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragon Goddess
Conqueror of Seasons
Dragon Goddess

Express Yourself - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 10:24 pm

I'd love to see Nightwish in concert sometime, Tarja or no Tarja. I kinda like Anette more myself x.x

Oooh, lots of talk on KamForum about the show in Assen :P you guys have fun at your concerts!

Mmm I'm okay, feeling great with my band since it's moving along successfully....although nervous because I'm going to get smacked with a small hurricane either later this evening/night or tomorrow afternoon. Hard to say really. Just hoping it'll pass over with no damage....otherwise I'm optimistic XD
Back to top Go down
http://ladylunayen.deviantart.com/
Erik Schepers
Conqueror of Seasons
Erik Schepers

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:09 am

french metallian wrote:
So for concert, I'm going to Zwarte cross festival in Holland to see Epica on Sunday and next week of course it's WOA (enjoy Germany mode on :p). I'll also go in Assen (Holland) in August for Lauren Harris+Kamelot+WT+Iron Maiden. So a quite heavy schedule Smile

Don't forget to check out the Presidents of the USA on sunday as well - they're an awesome live band. I might be in Assen, but that depends on whether or not I can get a photopass for Summer Breeze (Autumn!).
Back to top Go down
http://www.erikschepers.nl
Aliafne
Lord of Seasons
Aliafne

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 9:06 pm

Hey Nicole, I was happy to read about the news of your band Very Happy Pics... Sounds headbang

As for me... I am still feeling under becouse of my job. My hand and arm still hurts ad I cant really hold things.. or it hurts like hell to open a door for example... sad What good thing is that my favourite realtive from San Francisco arrived love2 He comes now really often (yearly) to Budapest and I enjoy spending time with him. We visited my granparents in the past 2 days who live in Slovakia and we had some adventures. We visited a cemetary where my mom's grandfather is... but we couldnt find him that easily so we were searching for at least an hour confused3 But finally we found him. The day after we found out that the town where my granparents lived had a jewish cemetery which is out of use now for a really long time. So we were wondering arround for some hours to find the guy who has the key for the cemetery. It was such a beautiful cemetary. Really old one ... So lots of lots of adventures... grin
Back to top Go down
french metallian
Conqueror of Seasons
french metallian

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 11:43 pm

For the moment I'm doing fine. I miss my country and my family but i'll be back to France soon so it's ok Smile ! Nevertheless, I know some very nice German people and I want to keep in touch with them (will be hard but let's see). For the moment, the activity in the institute (Fraunhofer Institute für Lasertechnik) is VERY quiet (everybody is in holidays except the students :p). My project is almost complete so I can take some rest.
PS: yes I know Presidents of the USA specially a song about french girls :P
Back to top Go down
Dragon Goddess
Conqueror of Seasons
Dragon Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 3:55 am

@ metallian: I can imagine how that is, hope you can make it home safely to your family. =]

Aliafne wrote:
Hey Nicole, I was happy to read about the news of your band Very Happy Pics... Sounds headbang

As for me... I am still feeling under becouse of my job. My hand and arm still hurts ad I cant really hold things.. or it hurts like hell to open a door for example... sad What good thing is that my favourite realtive from San Francisco arrived love2 He comes now really often (yearly) to Budapest and I enjoy spending time with him. We visited my granparents in the past 2 days who live in Slovakia and we had some adventures. We visited a cemetary where my mom's grandfather is... but we couldnt find him that easily so we were searching for at least an hour confused3 But finally we found him. The day after we found out that the town where my granparents lived had a jewish cemetery which is out of use now for a really long time. So we were wondering arround for some hours to find the guy who has the key for the cemetery. It was such a beautiful cemetary. Really old one ... So lots of lots of adventures... grin

Haha thanks dear :P

I hope your hand gets better >< in the mean time take it easy with it, don't want to stress it too much to make it even more sore. And relax with your job =\ nice...cemeraties are beautiful in their own way. =]

Mmm tonight I'm okay, rather lonely...but that's nothing new. Been sleeping alot lately because I'm not feeling well and neither are my parents, especially after we eat so I have no idea what we could be eating to make us sick Oo going to have to look into that more.Things with band are up and down, mainly my confidence. working on my voice more and...I dunno really. Also, hurricane is passing over...hope things continue to stay okay...and people seem kinda distant with me lately O.o meh.
Back to top Go down
Erik Schepers
Conqueror of Seasons
Erik Schepers

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 1:01 am

If all else goes well I'll be doing a bit of model / portrait photography next thursday. And of course my 50mm f1.4 (perfect for portraits) is still in "repair" (almost 7 weeks now), so insert foul language (crude references to various body parts and/or sexual acts, and implying that certain people are born out of wedlock and/or have an Oedipus complex) where needed.
Back to top Go down
chrissie
Knight of Seasons
chrissie

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 7:28 pm

I have a bad cold since last week and I felt really sick, but the sun is shining today, it is very warm and like the weather I feel better now.
I managed it finally (I wanted to do it since two weeks!) to put the bands banner in my profile.
And I have to work only this week and then holidays! Very Happy flower
I hope for very hot temperatures! afro
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/chrissie_k
Waënelin
Daughter of Seasons
Waënelin

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 8:10 pm

french metallian wrote:
So for concert, I'm going to Zwarte cross festival in Holland to see Epica on Sunday and next week of course it's WOA (enjoy Germany mode on :p). I'll also go in Assen (Holland) in August for Lauren Harris+Kamelot+WT+Iron Maiden. So a quite heavy schedule Smile

eeeh just read this! i'll be in Assen too, we definitely have to meet!! bounce i send you a PM Very Happy

Chrissie i hope your cold will heal soon, and same for your hand Aliafne... hug to you both.

Erik, did you get your camera back?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.loeil-et-la-main.com
Erik Schepers
Conqueror of Seasons
Erik Schepers

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 6:50 am

The camera was never away, 'twas the lens that was bereft of auto focus. But it is back. Well, not the actual lens I bought but I managed to get a new one from the store, as they agreed that it was a bit ridiculous being in repair for almost as long as I actually owned it.

I've since bought some other items as well, such as a new camera body (I already wanted something to replace my old EOS 300D, and now I have a shiny new EOS 40D - woohoo!), and a background system + cloth (studio stuff). Depending on how things go in sunny Belgium, I'll probably ask some other female friends if they like to pretend they're Cindy Crawford. Wink

Oh, and it's still warm over here, keeping me from sleeping. Which is why I am online at such a ungodly hour.
Back to top Go down
Waënelin
Daughter of Seasons
Waënelin

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 6:25 pm

I've just watched Kamelot live on Wacken website and i'm feeling HIGH! I know it's Sons of Seasons forum here but you guys are SO good, and Oliver you were great as usual!!!
I can't wait to see you guys in Assen!! fest headbang fest
Back to top Go down
Dragon Goddess
Conqueror of Seasons
Dragon Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 8:08 pm

I bet that was nice to watch indeed.

Today I'm tired, had to go with my mom yesterday to take my grandmother to the doctor for a shot in her back and didn't get any sleep at all the night before and had to wake up early...went to bed at 6 am and woke up at 8 am hehe. Just a lazy day today. sleep
Back to top Go down
Comatose Muffin
Child of Seasons
Comatose Muffin

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 6:21 am

Right now? I have a weird anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach.
But that probably has something to do with the spearmint sweets and Pepsi Max I just consumed.

I have to work in... about 40 minutes. And I really don't want to. It's only a five hour shift, so I won't be there for long, but still...
I've got to fill in for someone, and I'm stuck working with this old bat who has a habit of giving people pet names('PETAL' IS NOT MY NAME, GODDAMN IT. CALL ME BY MY NAME, Y'OLD COW, OR DON'T EFFING TALK TO ME), and bitching behind your back.
I wonder what I'll do wrong this time.
Back to top Go down
http://essence-of-equus.deviantart.com
WelcomeToIdiotica
Lord of Seasons
WelcomeToIdiotica

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 12:54 pm

Comatose Muffin wrote:
But that probably has something to do with the spearmint sweets and Pepsi Max I just consumed.

I know that strange feeling, I drink huge amounts of diet coke and eat mint imperials at the same time... fun at first, but afterwards you start to wish you didn't :P

Comatose Muffin wrote:
I've got to fill in for someone, and I'm stuck working with this old bat who has a habit of giving people pet names('PETAL' IS NOT MY NAME, GODDAMN IT. CALL ME BY MY NAME, Y'OLD COW, OR DON'T EFFING TALK TO ME)

I also know that one, I'm going on holiday in a week's time and there's a woman we know who shortens EVERYONE'S names, she even did it the first time I met her and it's like, you're not my friend, stop acting like a kid and calling me Em! Only my friends can call me Em >.> Hardly anyone shortens my dad's name (Gordon) but she still manages to call him Gawd... *sigh*
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/welcometoidiotica
Comatose Muffin
Child of Seasons
Comatose Muffin

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 2:34 pm

WelcomeToIdiotica wrote:
Comatose Muffin wrote:

I know that strange feeling, I drink huge amounts of diet coke and eat mint imperials at the same time... fun at first, but afterwards you start to wish you didn't :P

Comatose Muffin wrote:
I've got to fill in for someone, and I'm stuck working with this old bat who has a habit of giving people pet names('PETAL' IS NOT MY NAME, GODDAMN IT. CALL ME BY MY NAME, Y'OLD COW, OR DON'T EFFING TALK TO ME)

I also know that one, I'm going on holiday in a week's time and there's a woman we know who shortens EVERYONE'S names, she even did it the first time I met her and it's like, you're not my friend, stop acting like a kid and calling me Em! Only my friends can call me Em >.> Hardly anyone shortens my dad's name (Gordon) but she still manages to call him Gawd... *sigh*

Urgh, I can't stand people like that. Some people can get away with calling me Rob. Only some. Hell, not even my closest mates do(They tend to call me Rusti. Which, in itself, makes absolutely no sense anyway). Everyone else has to call me Robyn, or it's a struggle to keep myself from screaming at them.

Meep! Imperials and Oddfellows don't make very good accompaniments to carbonated soda's, despite how awesome they taste... -Waits for stomach to explode-
Back to top Go down
http://essence-of-equus.deviantart.com
WelcomeToIdiotica
Lord of Seasons
WelcomeToIdiotica

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 10:42 pm

I'm busy attempting to write a concept for a metal opera, called Jerrinagh Bòsdan. I've actually forgotten what jerrinagh bòsdan means, by the way, so don't ask.

Edit: It means 'ultimate box' or something of the sort. Sounds less cheesy in Gaelic and also when you find out what the concept is about :P
Back to top Go down
Erik Schepers
Conqueror of Seasons
Erik Schepers

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:48 am

http://www.erikschepers.nl/models/eva/2008_07_31/

Or: What I did last thursday. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Waënelin
Daughter of Seasons
Waënelin

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 2:58 am

I feel quite pissed-off tonight Mad due to all the negative comments i've read on the Kamfo about Khan's voice in Wacken yesterday... While it was blatant that the sound of that gig was awful, and that's it... Ann-Catrin's voice sounded bad and distorted as well, it was obvious on Ghost Opera espacially! The keybards either could hardly be heard, even on The Human Stain, and you know how important they are on that song! Listening to When the Lights are Down again right now I can say that Roy can stand high notes just as usual, despite all I could read... Sound was horrible, that's all... and maybe his on-stage monitoring was not good, either, which would explain some things... It was even said that he took drugs, for God's sake! why are people so quick to denigrate each other?! sad
You were ALL great guys! don't you doubt it! respect
Back to top Go down
Aliafne
Lord of Seasons
Aliafne

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 11:45 am

Waënelin wrote:
I feel quite pissed-off tonight Mad due to all the negative comments i've read on the Kamfo about Khan's voice in Wacken yesterday... While it was blatant that the sound of that gig was awful, and that's it... Ann-Catrin's voice sounded bad and distorted as well, it was obvious on Ghost Opera espacially! The keybards either could hardly be heard, even on The Human Stain, and you know how important they are on that song! Listening to When the Lights are Down again right now I can say that Roy can stand high notes just as usual, despite all I could read... Sound was horrible, that's all... and maybe his on-stage monitoring was not good, either, which would explain some things... It was even said that he took drugs, for God's sake! why are people so quick to denigrate each other?! sad

It was even said that he took drugs, for God's sake! Husssh!!!Dont even mention things like this... sad And : bim for the one who started it!

I couldn't whatch it though.. CRY I just have a sound file of it which well sounds a bit...well... confused3 . Maybe Oliver could tell us what really happened grin And a big bunch of luck for todays show!!

Edit: I managed to whatch the streamin...Wow...fantastic show, so many ppl!!! affraid And it seems there were some problems with the technical side... Especially from Eden Echo... than in Haunting , GO and Forever was the worst Shocked I even saw that Oliver and Thomas were/seemed a bit confused about it... But for everything else I wish I could have been there.. :(

As for me... I havent been up here for a while because of work. But I finished it last week so true summer begins for me now sunny I am going to Slovenia for a week. And I had to change faculty in my school. So from september on I will learn Tourism and Hotel Management in english. Suspect I am a bit of affraid of that but I hope I will do fine.

Last edited by Aliafne on Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
WelcomeToIdiotica
Lord of Seasons
WelcomeToIdiotica

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:05 pm

Those pictures look lovely Erik! Very Happy

Waënelin wrote:

There's no need to worry, even though I haven't listened - even if they didn't sound like crap, every band has a day when they will.

Have fun in Slovenia Aliafne! sunny
Back to top Go down
french metallian
Conqueror of Seasons
french metallian

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 8:53 am

I was in Wacken and I saw the Kamelot gig and yes they had a sound problem (which was the specially of the fest because a lot of bands had sounds problem). The keyboards, guitars,bass and drums were ok but the voice.... One line of two you couldn't hear what Roy was singing. Even when guests came (Simone and Alexander Krull) the problem was the same for them. Moreover, Kamelot played after Ensiferum what would be called a musical suicide because played after a very energic festive pagan band it's hard becasue the ambiance during Ensiferum was amazing (probably one of the best of the fest) so poor them.
But anyway believe me there were really shittier than Kamelot for sounds problem, for example Avantasia ..... (3 songs without microphone !).
So if I have to make my top 5 of Wacken it would be:
1/Iron Maiden
2/Ensiferum
3/Opeth (it was raining but not only water :p: a lot of people slammed here Very Happy and I was able to met my God (Mickael) so now I can die in peace :p)
4/Axxis
5/Children of Bodom

So yes Kamelot didn't make a great show but it's not their guilty.
Back to top Go down
Aliafne
Lord of Seasons
Aliafne

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 10:28 am

Oh, you lucky, lucky person!!!!! great I have read that there were 50,000 ppl whatching Kamelot... eek

I so wish I could once in my life go to such a big summer ope air festival sad Well in 8 days I will go to the Sziget Festival, which is also a big open air festival, and I will se Avantasia fest (Btw.... I really was thinking that Kamelot could come confused3 ooopppss, getting back again at my fav. topic...)

Heeelp... Spice Girls in the TV lmao .... the song before was Elvis, now this is a too harsh change for me....
Back to top Go down
WelcomeToIdiotica
Lord of Seasons
WelcomeToIdiotica

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 5:14 pm

Hey! I like the Spice Girls! :P
Back to top Go down
Aliafne
Lord of Seasons
Aliafne

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 5:34 pm

I liked them too...when I was 11...In fact I was a huge fan at that time lol Awww...now I feel so old lol
Back to top Go down
kitikri
Son of Seasons
kitikri

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 5:54 pm

Damn, I wish I could attend such shows as Wacken... The biggest gig I've ever attended was Iron Maiden's, here in Sofia. We were about 20 000. But 50k? Wacken surely was something spectacular Smile
Now to steer the topic in another direction... It's been quite some time since I've filed a bug report to forumieren.de about my profile text (on the left <--) being colored lol The forum's code is wrongly closing the <font> tag with a </color> one. It's really annoying me... Maybe I'll have to reregister confused2
Back to top Go down
Dragon Goddess
Conqueror of Seasons
Dragon Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 8:40 pm

Waënelin wrote:

It really pissed me off too. That drug thing was total disrespect even though they were just thinking in that area because they were worried like people do some times. But meh.....and the big fuss about it was for nothing. I'm sure Kamelot sounded great, and it was an outdoor festival, so of course the sound wouldn't be as good in an indoor concert....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Express Yourself   Express Yourself - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Express Yourself
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sons Of Seasons Forum :: Sons Of Seasons (English) :: Off Topic Discussions-
Jump to: